There are lots of rough ideas I have that are not yet categorized, or good enough to be a thought. This will be a place to store them.
Magic: Great example of Seth Godin principles
* Choosing myself, hard work, building trust, and deserving attention. * NOT: Building a tribe, because there is no scale out/distribution. * Challenge Expectation - Do magic on bus, when people are expecting to stare off into space. * Connection * Signed card * Do you know a magic word? * Signed card ambitious card * In hands card routine. * Q: How do I build MORE connection to audience.
* NEVER speak badly of anyone * Only say what you'd say to their face. * Take full responsiblity * Give all credit to others.
* Mantra: People cry when I move on. * Ideas Executed Brilliantly. * Growing teams
Igor’s Key Activites:
* Free Association Journallying * Protoyping Software * Cognative Health * Professional Blogging * Post mortems * Emotional Health * Link to site. * Physical Health * Link to blog post. * Intermittent Fasting
* Half the pressure, twice the speed - do it without stress/pressure, but do it quickly.
* From Cognative Control to Curiosity.
Knowledge vs Wisdom
* Knowledge - The rider knows it. * Wisdom - The elphent knows it. * How to train the elphant? Curiosity
* Feels good * Self Awareness, focus on 'how curious' instead of congnative * How curious, is less judgmental
Cognative vs Curiosity based improvement.
* Reframe * Cognative Control (rider) is hard, BUT curiosity is much easier. * Curiosity does not take discipline, just awareness. * From Curiosity, can make progress.
Love and rejection.
* Afraid to love because fear of rejection * Very common statement, in the grand, but happens in the small too. * Someone needed a charger, I could give it to them, but iddn't. * Why? fear of rejection. * Win/Win * I offer/needed - Someone feels loved, and I feel great - WIN! * I offer/not needed/Appreciate - Someone feels loved, I feel great - WIN! * I offer/not needed/grumpy - Someone feels angry, I feel sad - LOSS! (how often?)
suprise: these are my dail affirmations
- Deliberate, Disciplined, Daily
- Essentialism (I choose to do the most important thing)
- First Understand, then be understated
- Provide Context
Focusing on quality of life
- Climbing the steps again and again at work
- Getting the gym that was closest to work
- Optimize for the most enjoyable commute (not necassarily the shortest)
Blog posts for this week?
- Carrying my own cultural bubble (atmosphere)
- Chop chop vs people first
- Efficiency is the wrong metric for people first.
- Count books is the wrong metric for libraries
- Right metric is customer engagement
Igor’s Work Advantage Some of these are extra valuable depending on your teams culture
- Very good at tools, and grunging data.
- Dive deep vs level up
- Relationships first (vs efficiency)
- Ideas or the week
- I CHOOSE TO
- Listening to books on tape that are low SNR but high in inspiration.
Make this it’s own blogpost
* What do I want for Zach? * Empathy Exercise * Understanding Exercise? * Someone has been kind to me exercise. * Someone has been positive